You will need:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour (I used only 3 1/2)
Egg wash:1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1.Pour the milk and water into a saucepan and heat to a scald.Pour this into a large bowl (I used my kitchen aid bowl since I was going to knead it using the mixer), allow to cool to lukewarm.
2. Add in the oil, sugar and salt; mix with a wooden spoon till well blended.
3. Add in the beaten egg and 2 cups of flour; mix till smooth with a wooden spoon.
4. Add in the instant yeast and mix.
5. Allow to sit for 10 minutes uncovered. Now, start to slowly add in more flour. I added 1 1/2 cups...a total of 3 1/2 cups of flour. I used my Kitchen Aid to do the mixing...I kneaded the dough for 6-8 minutes.
6. Add a tablespoon of oil to a clean bowl and place the dough into the bowl. Turn over a few times to lightly coat all sides of the dough with the oil.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest till the dough doubles in bulk, about 1 hour.
8.While the dough is rising, make the cones. That is if you don't have any. If you do...ah, take a break:)
9. Make the cones out of card stock paper material or fliers that are a bit more sturdier.
10. Tape the cones and then cover them well with aluminum foil, so that no paper shows.
11. Set them aside.
12. Remove dough and knead a few time to release the gas. Now cut the dough into 8 pieces.
13. Use a scale to make sure each piece is equal in weight(I didn't do this since I don't have a scale).
14. Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes. Take each piece of dough and roll into a 36 inch rope.
15. Roll the dough ropes around the greased 6 inch cream horn tubes.
16. Place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with the egg glaze. Sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds(or both).
17. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 30 minutes in a warm environment.
18. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 - 22 minutes or till golden brown(mine took about 18 minutes).
19. Place onto a wire rack and allow to cool for a couple minutes before removing the tubes.
20. Fill them with your favorite filling and enjoy!