1. Preheat oven to 400. And melt 1/2 stick of butter into a 13 by 9 Pyrex or casserole dish
2. In a heavy saucepan, combine a 28oz can of peaches (undrained), 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add 3/4 cup of Crown Royal Peach whiskey to mixture and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl combine 3/4 cup of cold water and a heaping tbsp of cornstarch to form a slurry and add to peach mixture and return to a boil.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, 2 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 1/2 cups of self rising flour (preferably White Lily) and enough milk to make a thin batter. Whisk with a wire whisk.
5. Pour hot peaches into casserole dish with melted butter and then pour batter mixture on top.
6. Combine 2 tbsp of sugar, 2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and sprinkle on top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.